Monday, April 13, 2009

Busy busy...

I have much to write, but not enough time right now. Actually, right now I should be sleeping since I am to be at work tonight. I'll nap in a little bit...

Two weekends ago was the divisional qualifiers for Summer Nationals. I wasn't expecting much, just another tournament, really. But I placed third and qualified for div. 2 and div. 3 events. And I can't very well not go since I qualified and all that...so it looks like I'll be making a trek to Dallas in July (I'm sweating just thinking about it...). I'll post more information concerning the qualifier later...

Testing. Passed the second "level" (Mind) and should be working towards the third. Only...I don't know what's on the third, yet... Got some good feedback from the coaches after testing, but nothing I didn't know or hadn't already been working on (I guess I come across stern and bossy while leading footwork drills...who, me? Noooo....).

The 1-2 and double (pronounced doo-blay). My current bane of existence. Well, that and parries. But I'll get to parries later... My fingers don't move fast enough. Two actions with the hand/fingers while executing one action with the feet. Seems simple enough; extend, lunge, two disengages, hit. Just basically avoiding my opponents blade. I've drilled it over and over with my coach, lesson after lesson. I don't feel like I'm getting anywhere. It helps if I do a hang lunge instead of a regular lunge, but my hang lunges need work too. Fingers only, small movement, up down, up down, hit. *sigh*

Alright, I've got to nap...post more later...

1 comment:

  1. I love naps! Haven't had one in a while though. Then again, I suppose that's because I haven't needed one, lol! Good luck as you move toward nationals!!!!

    ReplyDelete